As time passes the defence system of the skin declines, wrinkles appear on the face, neck and on the head of the hand. The face contour loses its volume, gets saggy, the skin is regenerated and healed at a slower speed and gets drier. The conscious skincare must be started on time, the regular use of professional cosmetics can delay the appearance of first wrinkles by years. The health and beauty of the skin depend on not only the quality cosmetic products, but also on the proper and healthy diet.
We have asked Gabriella Szabó, master beautician, to share her autumn skincare tips.
- Use of cosmetics: one of the secrets to a healthy and beautiful complexion is to use professional cosmetic products appropriate to the season and skin type, and to develop a skincare routine at home. Prevention is an important part of skin care, and many people start to act in panic when the first wrinkles are already visible. You can make your life easier and keep your self-esteem by starting preventive skincare early.
- Vitamin supplements: vitamin intake is key in autumn, they strengthen the immune system and their effects on skin are unquestionable. They keep the skin fresh, fight free radicals, boost collagen production, protect against harmful rays, wrinkle and revitalise. Eat plenty of antioxidant-rich fruit and vegetables, and add to your diet essential vitamins (vitamins A, C, E, B, D).
- Stay hydrated: more than half the mass of the human body is water, an essential component of our cells and skin. The visible signs of insufficient fluid intake are flaky, itchy, tight and reddened skin. We cannot stress enough the importance of fluid intake. Drink a minimum of 2 litres of fluids (preferably non-carbonated and sugar-free) per day.
- Your daily habits: skin ageing is not only affected by your age, but also by your daily habits. Smoking, poor diet and sleeping habits all affect the condition of your skin. A stress-free, sporty lifestyle, a balanced diet and avoiding smoking are all beneficial.
- Exfoliation: skin regeneration occurs in every 28 days, during which time the skin is almost completely replaced. With age, this process slows down, cells age, pigment spots and liver spots appear, and the skin becomes lifeless and dull. With AHA acid peels, pores are refined, the complexion is fresh and radiant, age spots and liver spots fade, fine lines disappear, the skin is softer and smoother to the touch.
Please find hereby the steps for skin peeling at home.